Introduction to Kids Yoga – YoYo Yoga School’s Foundational Teacher Training
Geared toward parents, teachers, pediatric professionals and yoga professionals, our 3-day introductory workshop teaches the nuts and bolts of kids’ yoga. Learn essential skills to confidently create engaging, age-appropriate yoga lessons, games and activities to benefit kids and youth aged 2-21:
- Explore the Benefits of Yoga for Kids and Teens
- Identify Appropriate Practices to Support Each Developmental Stage
- Yoga in a Pediatric Setting – Keeping it Safe, Non-Competitive, and FUN!
- Sequencing, Formatting and Pacing Your Classes – For Every Age
- Learn to Share Yoga Through Play, Dance, Song, Storytelling and Popular Children’s Themes
- Thinking Outside of the Box – Creative and Educational Yoga Classes
- Props, Props and more Props! – What Props Work Well and Why?
- Music, Art and Crafts – Engaging and Beneficial to Health and Development
- Games to Provide Essential Building Blocks and Life-Skills
- Yoga on the Go – Adapt Yoga to a Variety of Settings, Including a Crowded Classroom
- Classroom Yoga – Simple Techniques to Keep Students Fresh, Focused and Fabulous!
- Benefits of Breathing, Meditation and Relaxation Breaks for Kids and Teens
- Teach Breathing Techniques to Kids and Teens Through Play and Fun Activities
- Centering and Mindfulness for Kids – Essential Skills to Self-Regulate Reactions and Emotions
- Chillax – Meditation and Relaxation Designed for Kids
- YOU – Essential Practices to Center and Be Fully Present When Working with Children
- Getting Started – The Nuts and Bolts of Kids Yoga
Fee includes tuition, training manual, props, ongoing support via YoYo Yoga School’s Yoga community and certificate of completion. Yoga teachers receive 21 CEU’s for this training. YoYo Yoga School is aYACEP/RCYS (Yoga Alliance recognized Continuing Education Provider and Registered Children’s Yoga School) YoYo Yoga School is a provider of CEU’s to Illinois State Social Work Professionals.
The only requirement for this workshop is a passion and desire to share yoga with children – you do not need to be a yoga teacher! Some yoga experience is helpful, but not a requirement. Those seeking Yoga Alliance, 95hr RCYT registration, must be, at minimum, an RYT200 registered with Yoga Alliance. Upon completion of YoYo Yoga School’s INTRODUCTION TO KIDS YOGA and ADVANCED TRAINING, and all practicum/assignments you will receive your 95hr- Registered Children’s Yoga Teacher certificate and RYT’s will be eligible to apply to YA for RCYT status.
Learn more about Yoga Alliance RCYT requirements @ www.yogaalliance.org.