YoYo Yoga for Kids Introductory Workshop
A vibrant, fun and engaging workshop for parents, teachers and pediatric professionals, exploring how yoga and yoga based activities such as breathing, meditation and mindfulness can be adapted to benefit and appeal to kids of all ages.
Learn essential skills from child development and safe sequencing, to effective communication and class management, enabling you to confidently create engaging age-appropriate yoga lessons, games and activities for kids and youth aged 2-21.
- Explore the Benefits of Yoga for Kids and Teens
- Identify Appropriate Practices to Support Each Developmental Stage
- Yoga in a Pediatric Setting – Keeping it Safe, Non-Competitive, and FUN!
- Sequencing, Formatting and Pacing Your Classes – For Every Age
- Learn to Share Yoga Through Play, Dance, Song, Storytelling and Popular Children’s Themes
- Thinking Outside of the Box – Creative and Educational Yoga Classes
- Props, Props and more Props! – What Props Work Well and Why?
- Music, Art and Crafts – Engaging and Beneficial to Health and Development
- Games to Provide Essential Building Blocks and Life-Skills
- Yoga on the Go – Adapt Yoga to a Variety of Settings, Including a Crowded Classroom
- Classroom Yoga – Simple Techniques to Keep Students Fresh, Focused and Fabulous!
- Benefits of Breathing, Meditation and Relaxation Breaks for Kids and Teens
- Teach Breathing Techniques to Kids and Teens Through Play and Fun Activities
- Centering and Mindfulness for Kids – Essential Skills to Self-Regulate Reactions and Emotions
- Chillax – Meditation and Relaxation Designed for Kids
- YOU – Essential Practices to Center and Be Fully Present When Working with Children
- Getting Started – The Nuts and Bolts of Kids Yoga
Workshop includes tuition, training manual, a copy of Breathe, Chill – A Handy Book of Games and Techniques Introducing Breathing, Meditation and Relaxation to Kids and Teens, ongoing support via YoYo Yoga School’s Yoga community and YoYo Yoga for Kids Introductory Workshop certificate. Tuition fee includes practicum review and opportunities to practice live kids classes, organized by YoYo Yoga School.
The only requirement for this workshop is a passion and desire to share yoga with children – you do not need to be a yoga teacher! Some yoga experience is helpful, but not a requirement. Those seeking Yoga Alliance, 95hr RCYT qualification, must be, at minimum, RYT200 and be registered with Yoga Alliance. Upon completion of Module’s A, B and C, and all practicum assignments, YA registered RYT’s may be eligible to apply to YA for RCYT status. Learn more about Yoga Alliance RCYT requirements @ www.yogaalliance.org.