Kids Adaptive and Accessible Yoga (KAY) Levels 1-2
Kids Adaptive and Accessible Yoga (KAY) is a specialized training program and teaching method for parents, yoga teachers, and pediatric professionals. Our unique course explores yoga philosophy for kids, and teaches how to adapt traditional yoga, breathing and meditation for kids in an engaging and kid-friendly manner with a focus on adapting sessions for those with differing abilities, special needs, illness or physical limitations — teachers graduating from the KAY program will have the ability and confidence to lead yoga sessions that are inclusive and accessible to ALL children.
KAY 1: Yogic Wellness for Kids
- Identify Yoga Practices that Benefit Each Developmental Stage – and Practices that are Cautioned
- Yoga Philosophy for Kids –Sharing Yogic Philosophy in a Fun and Non-Denominational Manner
- Chakras and Chakra Yoga – Exploring Our “Inner Rainbow” and Using Yoga to Balance the Chakras
- Journaling, Crafting and Expressive Modalities –Explore the Magical Combination of Music, Crafts, Art, Journaling, and Yoga
- Mudras – Learn about Mudras and How to Creatively Teach Mudras to Kids
- Breathing and Meditation –Breathing and Meditation as Effective Self-Regulation and Wellness Tools and for Kids
- Communication –Strengthen Listening Skills, Learn to Ask Appropriate Questions and Develop Essential Skills to Create Yoga Plans that Benefit the Wellbeing of those You Teach
- Ethics –Understanding and Defining Your Role and Boundaries Teaching Pediatric Yoga
KAY 2: Kids Adaptive and Accessible Yoga (KAY)
- Thinking Outside of the Box –Simple Adaptions for Common Postures and Any Situation
- Yoga for EVERY Body – Adaptable Plans that Flow Flawlessly for Kids with Physical Limitations, or when Teaching in Unusual Yoga Spaces
Workshop includes tuition, training manual, ongoing support via YoYo Yoga School’s Yoga community, and Kids Adaptive and Accessible Yoga (KAY) Levels 1-2 certificate of completion. Tuition fee includes practicum review and opportunities to practice live kids classes, organized by YoYo Yoga School.
Module A, YoYo Yoga For Kids Introductory level course, must be completed – including practicum and assignments – prior to taking Modules B and C.
Modules B and C may be taken in any order. Those seeking Yoga Alliance, 95hr RCYT qualification must be, at a minimum, an RYT200 registered with Yoga Alliance. Upon completion of Module’s A, B and C, and all practicum assignments YA registered RYT’s may be eligible to apply to YA for RCYT status. Learn more about Yoga Alliance RCYT requirements @ www.yogaalliance.org.