“I have been incorporating A LOT of mindfulness and breath awareness to my elementary classes and it has been going fantastically!”
Summer Beasley, Dance and Movement Teacher
“Such an awesome workshop! The training was so well-balanced and filled me with energy and enthusiasm. I am so excited to be a part of YoYo Yoga.”
Anna Borys, Occupational Therapist
“Thank you very much for coming today and presenting the classroom yoga. I’m feeling very refreshed and excited to share yoga with our students.” Leah Corey, School Social Worker
“This was THE BEST professional – and personal – development I have attended in a long, long time.”Veronica Palmer, Early Childhood Behavioral Specialist
“I have to say, I am completely blown away with Lisa Roberts’ knowledge and skill to connect children, yoga, breath, mindfulness, love and play. She is a gift to the St. Louis community. Sharing this gift with us will support bringing yoga to children early in life. A tool that I most certainly could have benefited from at an early age; I am very excited to share what I have learned.”
Jill Voyles, Yoga and Pilates Instructor and Mama
“Lisa Roberts, you are a ray of sunshine, a pioneer and a wealth of knowledge; your YoYo Yoga School curriculum is fantastic. Benefits of yoga for kids and teens with appropriate practices to support each developmental stage. Learning to share yoga through play, dance, song, storytelling and popular children’s themes and using music, art and crafts. Gaining confidence to safely and effectively teach kids yoga that is accessible and inclusive for all settings including the classroom, the pediatric office and community settings. And wrapping up with being able to create yoga, breathing, meditation and relaxation breaks for kids of all ages.” Anu French, Integrative Pediatrician
“This training experience was incredible – I learned so much and walked away with multiple ideas I can use in my job as a behavioral health therapist to children and adolescents. In the two weeks since the training, I’ve used at least one idea from the workshop every day! I would strongly recommend this wonderful opportunity to anyone who works with kids or has even a small interest in yoga.”
Nicole Shields, Behavioral Therapist
“Lisa Roberts is a wealth of knowledge when it comes to therapeutic yoga for children. She offers gentle guidance through organized structure and makes participation fun. Lisa encourages her students to embrace their inner child and discover the fun of life in a playful and energetic atmosphere.”
Erin Crim, Yoga Teacher and Mama
“I have been working with the material a lot in order to prepare for a new course I’m teaching at my school. I feel like I have tons of strategies I can use from day one.”
Michelle Dempsey, Physical Education Teacher
“I incorporated several techniques learned in my parenting class and they were WELL received by parents.”
Suzanne Tucker, Positive Parenting Coach, Physical Therapist
- I own a studio and would like to offer kids’ yoga workshops to my community, how can I arrange this? Great! We love partnering with studios to offer trainings within different yoga communities. Please contact Lisa Roberts @ Lisa@yoyoyogaschool.com
- I am interested in Professional Development Training for staff at my organization (school, hospital, clinic), how can I learn more about this? For more information on Professional Development Trainings please contact Lisa Roberts directly @ Lisa@yoyoyogaschool.com
- Are Professional Development Trainings in-person or via video-conferencing? Both. YoYo Yoga travels globally, leading professional development trainings, family wellness seminars and workshops in person. As this may be prohibitively expensive for smaller organizations, video conferencing can be arranged for training sessions. Live and in real time, video conferencing is NEVER pre-recorded, allowing your employees to interact directly with our trainers as they learn.
- Will I be certified to teach yoga to children upon completion of a YoYo workshop or professional development training? There is no such thing as a “certification” to teach children’s yoga or yoga in general for that matter. One can complete a Yoga Alliance approved “Registered Yoga Teacher” training and also a “Registered Speciality” such as prenatal and children’s yoga and this allows them to REGISTER with the Yoga Alliance as such. YoYo Yoga School no longer offers the RCYT (Registered Yoga Children’s Yoga Teacher) training. Instead we focus on teaching bite-sized workshops and in-depth trainings to yoga teachers, parents and professionals that are tailored to meet their specific needs in bringing yoga (movement, meditation and mindfulness) to children of all ages. A certificate of completion including contact hours will be provided for each training. Please check with your accreditation board or school to see if our trainings are eligible for CEU’s or PDP’s.
- I’m a yoga teacher, can I earn Yoga Alliance continuing education credits? Yes! YoYo Yoga’s lead trainer, Lisa Roberts is a YACEP (Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Provider) and will provide a certificate of completion including contact hours of each training or workshop completed.