Booma Ball (Jar Jar Binks)
“Mesa called Jar-Jar Binks. Mesa your humble servant. Mesa teach you my favo-wite technique for shaking off tension…. and taking care of the bad guys. My BOOMA Ball technique!”
What is Booma Ball? Inspired by the famous Star Wars character Jar Jar Binks whose weapon of choice is a Booma Ball (energy ball) this technique is a both centering exercise and tension reliever in one!
How does it help me? Centering stops the chatter of the mind, bringing us to the present moment. Eliminating distractions and promoting awareness, centering empowers us to be calm, focused and ready for anything. But sometimes, centering alone is not enough and it helps to bring a little breath work and fun into play to help release any tension we may be carrying – if we are getting ready to speak, partake in an important activity or simply need to let go and be present, Booma Ball is a fun and effective tool to access.
How do I do it?
1. Begin sitting comfortably on the floor or in a chair, or standing with the feet hip width apart. Spine naturally erect, arms, shoulders and face relaxed.
2. Slowly begin to circle your hands in front of you, building an imaginary ball between them. As you begin to build your Booma Ball, focus your attention on the space between your hands and see if you can begin to feel the energy being created by the movement of your hands.
3. Do this for as long as you need, staying focused on the energy building between your hands, your Booma Ball.
4. Once you feel centered, and feel the nice, strong energy of your Booma Ball between your hands you are ready to launch.
5. Take a deep breath in to a slow count of three as you draw your Booma Ball toward your power center, the middle of your torso.
6. Breathe out with a BOOM sound, as you thrust your hands forward, launching your Booma Ball!
7. Repeat x 3